CALL TO PERFORM SUPPORT SLOTS AT SAISONSCAPE: DECAY
Art Assembly are offering a unique and valuable opportunity for composers, ensembles and emerging artists to submit proposals to perform paid support slots at the Saisonscape: Decay series, providing them with a professional platform for exposure of their work.
Decay will be the third installment of Art Assembly’s Saisonscape - a quarterly series that investigates the seasons through experimental music and sonic art.
Taking place in autumn, Decay reflects on the natural cycle of the season. Leaf litter and organic material dropping to the ground and breaking down into one. Renewing the soil with a rich and nourishing composition. For this edition of the series we focus on artists who use archives of field recordings, folk story and who layer instrumentation, objects and found sound without hierarchy. Sounds, ideas and material mulching into new combinations, providing fertile ground for unexpected work and inspiring performance.
The support slot opportunities will provide professional development and profile for the emerging composer or group. The successful applicant will benefit from performing in a high quality professional event and have direct access to the promoter and access, where possible, to other artists on the bill. They will be listed on marketing materials and benefit from media exposure.
The selected artist, group or ensemble will be granted £150 per performance they take part in.
WHO WILL THIS SUIT?
We are looking for artists whose own practice reflects themes of Decay. You will be an emerging composer, group or ensemble, you will be at the early stages of your career.
The selection panel for this call out will be Julia Dempsey (Art Assembly), The Quietus, Emma Thompson (Fat Out/Islington Mill), Fielding Hope (Cafe Oto), Sam Francis (Supernormal Festival/Arnofini), Chris Tyler (The Kazimier).
- You must be a British Citizen or a resident in the UK at the time of the concert series
- This must represent a significant development opportunity for you
- You must be available for all concerts taking place between 15-17 September 2015 and 14, 28 November 2015. You will be selected to perform at either the September or November tours.
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply, please submit the following information to email@example.com
- Your artist CV (one A4 document of 2 sides max)
- A brief statement (200 words max) describing why this represents a significant professional development opportunity for you
- Documentation of two selected works/performances. Please provide short descriptions (no more than 100 words) on each work/performance in addition to links to a website where we can access supporting material via a streaming service e.g. Soundcloud, Vimeo, your own website. Downloads will not be accepted. Please ensure you provide any relevant passwords for private files.
For any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is noon Monday 20th July 2015. Your application must arrive by this date and late applications will not be considered. We will acknowledge receipt of your application when the call closes.