CALL TO PERFORM SUPPORT SLOTS AT SAISONSCAPE – LANDSCAPE
Art Assembly are offering a unique and valuable opportunity for composers, ensembles and emerging artists to submit proposals to perform paid support slots at the Saisonscape Landscape series with Richard Skelton, providing them with a professional platform for exposure of their work. Together with Richard they will tour Islington Mill – Salford (20 March), De La Warr Pavilion – Bexhill on Sea (21 March) and St John at Hackney (22 March).
Taking place in Spring, the second edition of Saisonscape - Landscape, will reflect on sound born out of, or inspired by, the land, and will be headlined by Richard Skelton performing a suite of new compositions for the series. Over the past decade Skelton has amassed a significant body of work that distills the essence of natural landscapes, from the moors of Lancashire to the fells of Cumbria, the karst terrain of the Burren to the flood-lands of East Anglia.
The support slot opportunities will provide professional development and profile for the emerging composer or group. The successful applicant will benefit from performing in a high quality professional event and have direct access to the promoter and access, where possible, to other artists on the bill. They will be listed on marketing materials and benefit from media exposure.
The selected artist, group or ensemble will be granted £150 fee and their travel and other expenses will be covered.
WHO WILL THIS SUIT?
We are looking for artists whose own practice reflects themes within with in Beauty in the Bleak. You will be an emerging composer, group or ensemble, you will be at the early stages of your career.
The selection panel for this call out will be Julia Dempsey (Art Assembly), John Doran (The Quietus), Stuart Maconie (BBC Radio 6 Music), Emma Thompson (Fat Out) and Oliver Catchpole (De La Warr Pavilion).
- You must be a British Citizen or a resident in the UK at the time of the concert series
- This must represent a significant development opportunity for you
- You must be available for all concerts taking place between 20-22 of March 2015
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply, please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your artist CV (one A4 document of 2 sides max)
- A brief statement (200 words max) describing why this represents a significant professional development opportunity for you
- Documentation of two selected works/performances. Please provide short descriptions (no more than 100 words) on each work/performance in addition to links to a website where we can access supporting material via a streaming service e.g. Soundcloud, Vimeo, your own website. Downloads will not be accepted. Please ensure you provide any relevant passwords for private files.
For any queries, please contact email@example.com
Deadline for applications is noon Monday 26th of January 2015. Your application must arrive by this date and late applications will not be considered. We will acknowledge receipt of your application when the call closes.